Hello! I’m Chiaki 👋
I am a Japanese digital marketer and web developer. I’ve been living in Hong Kong since 2008.
I am a member of the design team for WordCamp 2020 and 2023, and I designed the event mascots Tuk-Tuk Wapuu and Chao Phraya Boat Wapuu 🤩
I love Hong Kong’s local culture, cityscape and food, especially dim sum. Before coming to Hong Kong, I worked as a web writer, web developer and web director in Japan for three years. After coming to Hong Kong, I spent three years studying Mandarin and Cantonese. After that, I set up my own company in Hong Kong, building websites using WordPress, building multilingual websites in Japanese, English, Chinese and other languages, and helping with promotional development.
I often attend WordPress-related events and workshops.
- WordCamp Asia 2023 – organiser
- WordCamp Japan 2021 speaker
- WooECFes Japan 2020 – organiser
- WordCamp Ogijima 2020 – organiser
- WordCamp Asia 2020 – organiser
- WordCamp Tokyo 2019 – speaker
- WordCamp Hong Kong 2019 – organiser
- WordCamp Ogijima 2018 – organiser
- 「多言語都市・香港から見る多言語サイトのつくりかた ～中国語成分多めでお届け！～」– shared @ WordCamp Tokyo 2019
- 多言語サイトってどうしてる？どうするの？ 多言語サイトのこれからについて – shared @ WP ZoomUP #47
- 「WordPressで始める多言語サイト構築〜どこまでできる？多言語化プラグインまるわかり〜」– shared @ WordCamp Japan 2021